A while back, I had an unwelcome guest. I still remember it as if it was yesterday. Shiver!
Dash! Crash! Clang! I rushed to the kitchen once I heard loud sounds. My eyes widened at the pots on the floor and the chewed up pieces of food. I could feel my heart beating rapidly. What I didn’t know was that this was the beginning of a pure hatred and fear for a particular species.
The black squirrel.
This species might look “cute”. Gray squirrels are everywhere, everywhere I tell you. You can see black squirrels when you head up north. The color of the fur makes no difference, black or gray. They are all ‘evil’.
How to outsmart a squirrel in your home:
1. Try to not be home alone too much during Thanksgiving break or at all with a damaged roof. It feels like a horror movie come alive. It might not end well for you.
2. Squirrels are smart so don’t be fooled. Squirrels know that it is better to be in a warm house especially where there’s free food. They know there’s more than one way into a house.
3. Lure them out with ketchup packets with an open window. Optional physically being there to see it occur. Squirrels like ketchup packets a lot or just the particular one. It may not work the first time. Test out other foods.
4. Don’t break down out of hatred and fear. Stay far away so you don’t get bit. May sure you have a weapon of some sort (broom).
5. Get your roof fixed quickly.
6. If you have a squirrel in your home, you can get it out. I did. I was amazed that I was able to draw out the squirrel by myself. Laugh because you deserve it.